Saturday, September 10, 2016

A little bit of Yosemite before going to Japan...

Its been too long since the last entry here - backpacking, fishing and traveling, with plenty of work in between has kept me from the time needed to post. I wanted to share some photos from my recent trip out to Yosemite before heading out to Japan tomorrow AM...


I visited California for work, checking out epic, gnarly, old-vines vineyards like this one here. 


Check out the Bedrock Zinfandel Old Vines if you want to see what American wine is REALLY all about...


Meanwhile, after work I hit the road and explored the hills...


the redwoods....



the coast...


Then I went east towards the Rocky's and saw a whole new set of sights I had never beheld...


From windmills to fruit farms to gold country... and then arriving in paradise.


Too late to get a campsite in the park, I found a road in the state forest where I could camp wherever I wanted and I had the place to myself...



Into the valley the next morning, I fished the Merced before the crowds hit.



I spent some time in the valley then headed out to beat the crowds.



Beautiful views and high mountains awaited me on the road to Tuolomne Meadows.


In the valley I fished another stream but it was just a bit too warm for my liking.




On another day, high mountain brookies and beautiful hikes were the focus.




Meandering meadow streams and deep-bowl lakes held unfulfilled promises of Golden Trout tantalizing my senses... 


But there was no need for a glittering golden prize on this trip, I knew I would be back to see these gently cascading brooks once more...


... tempted by the pull of the spirit of John Muir, and his trail that draws me in.


A sunset drive brought some of the most incredible mountain views one can get from a road.


Memories made and images etched into my brain for a lifetime, thankfully reinforced by these examples here!




Camping was a pleasure in this park, with many beautiful sites spread along the roads and throughout the wilderness.


The jewels of the high mountain small streams pulled me in with their brookie-like spots and gently fading parr marks.




I took it all in, and I knew I would be marked forever by this magical park.


Stay tuned for updates from Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment